Club Blue is a social and professional networking group that drives awareness and raises funds for Boys & Girls Clubs of the Tennessee Valley (BGCTNV). The group volunteers our time and expertise to give back to BGCTNV through a variety of service activities. They engage in networking socials, professional development activities, and special events that ultimately benefit the children of our community.
Club Blue Q & A
What is asked of Club Blue members?
- $45 annual membership fee – includes official Club Blue volunteer shirt
- Attend quarterly meetings
- Recruit new members
- Plan & execute Club Blue events (2 per year) with support from Boys & Girls Club staff
- Take advantage of volunteering and mentoring opportunities at Clubs – one per quarter
What benefits do Club Blue members enjoy?
- Professional networking & interaction with key business leaders (corporate board)
- Volunteer & mentoring opportunities at the Club level
- Recognition for contributing funds through fundraising and membership dues
- Exclusive access to special Boys & Girls Club events throughout the year (2 free events per year)
How are funds raised by Club blue allocated?
Club 105 – Boys & Girls Club members who attend the Club for 105 days or more per year are twice as likely to graduate from high school! Knowing the importance of frequent attendance by our members, BGCTNV developed this fun, dynamic recognition program to congratulate members who reach the landmark of 105 days in attendance. Club 105 members get the opportunity to attend exclusive parties, field trips and late nights at the Club and receive special Club 105 shirts and accessories. During the fiscal year July 1, 2013 to June 30, 2014, 1490 members attended for 105 days or more. Dollars raised by Club Blue help to fund the Club 105 recognition program.
The Boys & Girls Clubs of the Tennessee Valley chapter of Club Blue was founded in 2008. The original Club Blue was founded in December 2007 by Boys & Girls Clubs of Metro Atlanta.